Check out our frequently asked questions below.
How should I care for my Monday Silks products?
We've used the highest quality silk which is machine washable. However, silk is still delicate and to ensure longevity we recommend hand washing.
See our quick care tips below or read our ultimate guide to washing silk pillowcases.
- Only use a pH neutral liquid detergent which is recommended for silk. Washing in a detergent that is too acidic or alkaline will cause the silk to harden.
- Cold/warm hand OR gentle machine wash.
- For hand-wash: Don’t oversoak. Lay on a towel and roll up to extract excess water. Avoid twisting.
- Wash separately, inside out in delicates bag.
- Do not bleach or tumble dry.
- Dry in the shade.
- Iron inside out at a low temperature.
What has momme got to do with silk?
Momme(mm) is used to measure density of silk fabrics and provide understanding of the quality in a silk fabric.
Silk is an incredibly fine thread and therefore using thread counts would give an extremely high measure, compared to other materials such as cotton.
For silk bedding, you’ll want to get something with at least 19mm so it can withstand daily use and regular washing
What sizing do you offer?
We currently offer New Zealand standard size pillowcases: 48cm x 73cm. Need bigger? Please let us know and we will see what we can do.
Silk Cot Sleeve:
Monday Silks Cot Sleeves have been designed for the New Zealand / USA standard size cot mattress. We have included a stretchable band on the base to allow for a small varying of sizes.
- Standard size NZ/USA cot mattresses 69cm+ wide.
- The total circumference should measure between 158cm -172cm.
- The Silk Cot Sleeve secures snug around the cot mattress and sheet for safe sleeping.
- DO NOT use if the Silk Cot Sleeve does not fit snug around the cot mattress.
If your mattress is on the larger size, please check the total circumference before purchasing as mattresses can also vary in height which will effect the fit. If you are unsure, please get in contact with us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out about the benefits of sleeping on silk or check out our blog.